New additions to the educational management system to be shown at the Expo include:
- empirically established expected growth rates for children from birth through 5 years in multiple areas of learning such as language, physical development and health, and social and emotional development. Using the growth rates, evaluate whether your program’s children are meeting growth expectations and whether learning opportunities need to be adjusted to promote growth.
- expanded Galileo activities designed specifically for toddlers. The full range of classroom activities, combined with Galileo reports, offer teachers time-saving tools for incorporating developmentally appropriate learning opportunities into their weekly lesson plans. The toddler activities are in addition to the existing curriculum activities for children 3 through 5 years of age.
- translated curriculum resources in Spanish with hundreds of enhanced activities to share with children at home. The activities include learning opportunities in 11 developmental domains and are designed for easy, at-home learning.
- extended National Portrait of Child Outcomes where Head Start and now Early Head Start programs join together, pool their data, and share information with the public about children's learning and development.
- included video recordings within Galileo support teacher’s anecdotal notes and observations, increasing credibility with multi-method documentation.
Galileo Pre-K Online from ATI provides educators and other stakeholders a complete assessment, curriculum, and reporting system that links assessment, planning, individualization and program progress for children birth through 5-years-old. ATI’s patented technology offers innovative, research-based, multi-method, customized assessment and curriculum tools that assist educators meet local, state, and federal requirements. Galileo Pre-K Online allows for assessment through observation in the child’s learning environment, one-on-one observation, samples of children’s work, and parent input. This broad range of formats accommodates the ways children from diverse backgrounds express their competencies and helps provide a meaningful portrait of each child’s development. Ongoing assessment and monitoring of progress help educators determine if success is underway or if intervention is needed.
Learn what's new about Galileo Pre-K Online, professional development offerings, or contact a field services coordinator for a Galileo Overview.