Galileo includes multiple easy-to-use assessment-creation interfaces designed for the classroom teacher including Test Builder including Item Builder technology and Dialog Builder. Galileo Automated Scoring Key (ASK) technology also supports the importation of existing tests for administration, scoring, and reporting within Galileo. This blog will focus on Test Builder with Item Builder and Dialog Builder.
Test Builder with included Item Builder
The Test Builder and Dialog Builder interfaces provide teachers and staff with the ability to quickly and easily create their own tests from the ATI Community Item Banks, Inspect® Item Bank, and District-created item banks which may include district-created items.
The ATI Test Builder interface makes it easy to create formative assessments containing technology-enhanced (TE) items. For teachers creating an assessment, they select the standards of interest, automatically search the item banks, and pick favorite questions. The next step is to publish the assessment for online and/or offline administration. Teachers can quickly duplicate and edit assessments. Teachers can also place assessment and item content in shared libraries supporting the sharing of content with other teachers and schools within the district.
The Test Builder interface is designed for flexible use with desktops, laptops, or tablets. With the numerous capabilities the Galileo Test Builder offers, teachers are finding test creation easier than ever. These capabilities include:
- Search Item Banks by standard or item family
- Refine searches by item type and depth of knowledge (DOK)
- Quickly add, reorder, and/or delete items
- Create your own items using the included intuitive Item Builder tools (scheduled for release in June 2017)
- Extended Multiple-Choice
- Open Response with scoring rules
- Short Answer
- Selectable Text (correct/incorrect hot spots)
- Classification (drag and drop of words/images into boxes)
- Labeling (drag and drop of labels on an image)
- View a summary of your current test items at the same time as your current search results
- Access online student and teacher previews of your test
- Access quick links to schedule the test and print if needed for offline student test booklets, once your test is published
The Galileo Test Builder interface includes state-of-the-art Item Builder tools. This makes it possible to create items and to align these items to state standards in any grade and subject. Assessment items may be accompanied by images, text, and links to a variety of media (e.g., videos, images, texts, attached files) and associated with metadata (e.g. DOK). Creation tools for multiple item types are currently available in the classic Test Builder interface. Creation types for these item types and additional TE item types are scheduled for release in the redesigned Item Builder in June 2017.
Creating a TE item with the Item Builder tools in the Recently Enhanced Test Builder
Using Dialog Builder, teachers can build online Instructional Dialog lessons and assignments integrating instruction with classroom assessments and providing related instructional activities (including those available through Galileo), and practice items. Dialogs make it possible to assess what is learned and guide learning by providing immediate feedback during the learning process. Online content may include multimedia content such as images, video presentations, and sound.
Galileo Dialog Builder Interface
For further information on how to create Galileo formative (classroom and school-wide) assessments, contact your Field Services Coordinator or access the Help Files via the Galileo application. You can also register for one of our upcoming Learning on Demand sessions:
- Galileo’s New Test Builder: Creating Multiple Choice, Extended Multiple Choice, and Short Answer Items, Wednesday, July 12 Time: 5:00-5:45 pm EDT / 2:00-2:45 pm MST Register. Click the "Upcoming" tab.
- Galileo’s New Test Builder: Creating Open Response and Essay Item Types, Thursday, July 13 Time: 5:00-5:45 pm EDT / 2:00-2:45 pm MST Register. Click the "Upcoming" tab.